Join us at the CTRL+SHFT studio for "Warm, Open & Nourished: Plant Medicine for Summer Journeys" on Thursday, May 30, 6:00-8:30pm, $20-$40 sliding scale.
NOTE: To register please click here.
The flowers have bloomed, the sun feels closer and the days are longer. As we transition from spring into summer, we can tune in to our inner fire, listen to our hearts and reignite our path to living our best lives.
In this all-levels circle, we will gather in community to:
- Honor where we’re at and reflect on what we want to harvest in our lives
- Learn about the names, properties and uses of at least 4 nourishing plants, including locally grown and small-batch harvested plantlife
- Make an herbal oxymel with plant abuelitxs that will support us in maintaining open hearts & balanced energy levels
- Call in the support of the elements through breath work, written reflection, spoken affirmation and movement
- Be seen and affirmed as we set our intentions for the upcoming season
Myrna Cabán Lezcano is a queer, mixed race Boricua herbalist, educator, retired DJ and cultural organizer. She grew up eating mangos and being doused in Agua Florida. Her abuelxs inspired her to connect to Spirit and healing by growing gandules, raising chickens, making dream-based predictions, and singing spontaneous songs. Her parents and ancestors, for at least 5 generations, are from Borikén (Puerto Rico). Since 2012, Myrna has been returning to Borikén to heal, learn from the land, connect with her people and provide medicine. She honors her ancestors' paths through florymachete.com
When entering from the Hollis Street entrance there are no steps and it accessible by wheel chair and/or scooter. On the 34th street entrance there are 8 steps measuring about 7" each. Street parking is available on Hollis, 34th and the surrounding area. CTRL+SHFT is close to both West Oakland (1.8 miles) and MacArthur (1.2 miles) Bart station, a 1 minute (348 foot) walk to the 29 AC transit bus, and the 57 AC transit bus is a 7 min walk (.2 miles) away. We have two gender neutral restrooms. One in our main gallery area and the other one in the hallway of the common space of the building. The restroom in the common space is ADA accessible. CTRL+SHFT is not a scent-free environment.